Day One: Understanding OpenContrail Architecture
This Day One book provides an overview of OpenContrail, the Juniper technology that sits at the intersection of networking and open source orchestration projects.OpenContrail is an Apache 2.0-licensed project that is built using standards-based protocols and provides all the necessary components for network virtualization – SDN controller, virtual router, analytics engine, and published northbound APIs.This Day One book reprints one of the key documents for OpenContrail, the overview of its architecture. Network engineers can now understand how to leverage these emerging technologies, and developers can begin creating flexible network applications.The next decade begins here.
IT’S DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
• Understand what OpenContrail is and how it operates.
• Implement Network Virtualization.
• Understand the role of OpenContrail in Cloud environments.
• Understand the difference between the OpenContrail Controller and the OpenContrail vRouter.
• Compare the similarities of the OpenContrail system to the architecture of MPLS VPNs.